Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Countertop Is In (Or On)!!

I had a tough time choosing the countertop. I had narrowed it down to 4 colours, my first instinct was not the end choice, and after going against the majority vote I believe I made the right choice!! I am in love with it and have far more counter space than I originally thought, I cannot wait to cook.

The front hall and laundry room were being prepped with scratch coat today and tile should be laid out tomorrow, the upstairs bathroom shower and floor tiling is totally done and just ready for grout, as for the colour choice that we made for upstairs....... I am not convinced. The tiler, the contractor and even Chris are doing their best to reassure me that it doesn't look pink, but I see a pink hue..... waaaaaaa!!! Now, the light in that bathroom is an unfiltered bulb and the room isn't complete, but right now I am a bit dissapointed...... tile was definitely the hardest choice and I didn't want to pick a light colour but knowing that the upstairs bath is a darker room, we gambled.

Unfortunately the crew ran out of siding today and were almost done the last side of the house, so we have to wait until at least Wednesday, but they were working on the soffit etc., and Chris assembled the vanities today, and we discovered our one choice of faucets is not going work for that basin......... so, another trip to the big box store and another choice to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment